Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Black or Blond?


I guess it's contrast Wednesday. Continuing with more Mix 'n Match fun I started with the "beer of world fame", DAB Original. DAB is an acronym for "Dortmunder Actien-Brauerei" No freshness date on the label. A nice blond German lager, dry with just the right carbonation and a nice aftertaste with no bitterness. Someone on Beer Advocate called it "biscuity." Good thirst quencher, Yard Beer for the Ward Parkway crowd.






Next I went for the Samuel Adams Black Lager. The freshness notch clearly showed I needed to consume before the end of October. You don't see many brewer's touting a Black Lager. This is lightly hopped with a medium body and a chocolate-coffee flavor, but not sweet like the Cream Stout. A good after dinner beer, Yard Beer for the Westport crowd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are good. The Sam Adams reminds me of the 1554. But I haven't had a 1554 in a while.

a beer sort of girl said...

I was about to say that too - New Belgium makes a decent black.

Muddy Mo said...

Thanks for the 411 on the 1554!