Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Slut or Not? Doesn't facebook have this application?

"I Love Beer" Lee makes a strong case for why NXNW’s Oktoberfest party is awesome. But BeerGirl thinks its slutty.


I say, "Not!"

I was able to dig up a review of this uniform from the archives of the now defunct Beer Wench Advocate site, http://www.beerwench.com.au

While not period correct, this tavern wench costume is a good effort. Pouring over the costume, finds the forest green, lock-laced, boned bodice contrasts nicely with the pumpkin skirt. The billowing sleeves set off the bodice straps and the frill on the bustline hits just the right note. The vestigial lap cloth paired with a lingering lace slip provides a strong visual flavor. Unfortunately, thematically the impact is confusing with a teutonic cut clashing with the celtic color scheme and tudor piping. Overall rating: 81





Voting is now open on this:


3 comments:

Lee said...

LOL. Yeah, when you compare the second with the first, it puts "slutty" in context.

a beer sort of girl said...

Oh, I didn't mean THAT outfit was totally slutty. Perhaps my friends are more free than others, but if someone came wearing that, the others would one-up each other. Anytime I've ever been to a costume event with my friends, it got slutty fast. I mean, you go to a Halloween party dressed as a girl scout one time...

Anyway, most girl costumes should start with the word slutty, especially when the package reads "sexy." Slutty pirate, slutty witch, etc.

a beer sort of girl said...

Oh, and real Oktoberfest serving girls are HOT, not slutty. I just meant if there were serving girls in my backyard, they'd probably be the latter.