Friday, July 04, 2008

Great Human Achievments



Thanks to So Many Books, So Little Time I learned of a great human technical achievement called Wordle, which I used to frame another great human achievement in an interesting way. Just click on the upper left of this page below the title, "Declaration of Independence". An MP3 of the declaration being read is available here.

On a personal note, during my morning walk with my dog, Spaten, I ran into Kotayk, a woman who worked in my department for about six months last year. I was glad to see her because we are looking for people again and I had not been able to contact her. Kotayk is from Armenia and although somewhat shy and reserved, she is smart, professional and an asset to our department.

Standing on the sidewalk trying to avoid Spaten's muddy paws, Kotayk explained how she finally finished school and had just gotten back from her country. Then she spontaneously threw her hands up in the air, laughed and blurted out, "I Love America!"























1 comment:

A Librarian said...

Very nice post today:) Happy Independence Day!