Saturday, April 11, 2009

In the Moog for a Beer?






Dear Lee,

I had plans today. Plans to be productive. Well, thanks to you, that is out the window. The window that has turned into purple candle wax and is slowly dripping down the wall on to my carpet which is completely covered with writhing snakes.

I don't know where you dredged up that Moog/Schaefer Beer video, but the flashbacks started shortly after my unfortunate viewing decision. The Door's Moonlight Drive is currently pounding my temporal lobes into mush.

I'll get you for this.

P.S. For all you kiddies out there, the Moog was the first commercially successful modular voltage-controlled analog synthesizer. (Note: at first glance, "Moog" appears as if it should rhyme with "mood", but the proper pronunciation rhymes with "rogue")

The Moog synthesizer was used extensively by Keith Emerson, the keyboardist for the greatest prog rock band ever, Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Emerson holds the tile of the greatest rock and roll synth virtuoso in history. To support my contention I offer, Karn Evil 9, First Impression, Part 2:


(Best enjoyed with Koss K-6LCQ 4 channel headphones. Trust me.)



No comments: