Sunday, October 04, 2009

Mixed Emotions




I don't know if Mick Jagger had mixed emotions when he climbed into those aerobic tights back in 1989, but they could not have been greater than the ones I felt at 4:15 p.m. on October 3rd, 2009.

At that moment, I was standing in the the driveway of Mr. & Mrs. Wort Hog with three homebrew operations going on simultaneously: A rarely seen Rogen Weizen being brewed by the hosts was about ready for the wort cooler, the sparge was starting on Hop Frog's Tangerine IPA, and kchophead was in the middle of the boil for a Double IPA styled after Avery's Maharja which was constantly getting hop additions that were going to total over 1 pound; behind me was a house with a fantastic buffet of German food; in my belly was a an 18 month old Saison-Brett courtesy of Jeremy 'Noodles' of Boulevard Brewing; and in 1 hour and 45 minutes, I had plans to sit down to dinner with my long lost college attending Daughter who I had not seen since June.

The mixed emotions didn't last more than a moment. Brew Day 4.0 was fantastic! I had a great time, the beer was totally amazing, you guys are the greatest.

Gotta Go!




No comments: