Sunday, March 21, 2010

Health Care Reform Legislation Enacted



Just watched the historic vote in the US House of Representatives on health care reform. I am one of those people who would have told a pollster that I did not support this health care reform legislation. Not because I did not support health care reform, but because the legislation did include a robust public option.

So, while being disappointed that it lacks provisions for a robust public option, I applaud the reforms that will end some of the most egregious practices of the private health insurance industry. I look forward to a time when I no longer have to worry about my family being denied coverage for pre-existing illness and no longer have to worry about having my insurance canceled or run out when I need it the most.

No comments: